APIs are a better way to build, and continually adjust, the software that runs your enterprise. More than that, they create opportunities for new business models and streamlined value chains across your ecosystem. Torry Harris' API-based vision for platform business fosters continuous digital transformation to deliver world-class customer experience, better business outcomes, and a stream of digital innovation.
What our clients and analysts are saying…
Our approach and tools
API design is critical to success with APIs. Good API designs foster synergy, agility, and accelerating rates of change, while poor designs lead to siloed, limited use of APIs. Torry Harris puts API design excellence at the center of our work, whether we are creating APIs or establishing platforms and infrastructure for API management. We ensure a strong understanding of:
- Domain-driven API design principles, with a strong focus on high-value business APIs
- API security and management practices, including lifecycles both for creation and publishing of APIs and for subscribing to and using APIs
- API versioning practices and how to evolve coherent portfolios over time
- How to design and configure API developer and API user portals for usability, engagement, and collaboration
- How to blend API development and API management with DevOps and CI-CD practices for automated efficiency and governance
|What key aspect of API practice will you improve?||What is our expertise?||What tools do we use?|
API business strategy
API program setup
API platform setup
Frequently asked questions
What are the benefits of API management?
- Increased agility: The right API management solution enables enterprises to design and develop APIs that meet customers’ needs quickly and efficiently. More than that, it gives them full ownership and the ability to leverage the entire API lifecycle, allowing them to introduce and retire APIs as needed.
- Make more informed decisions: API management software provides deep data and API analytics to give business leaders comprehensive insights about API usage, performance and location. They can use this information to make better informed decisions about their APIs and business at large.
- Better customer experience: API lifecycle management helps enterprises identify customer journey use-cases quickly so they can develop appropriate API solutions, while at the same time monitoring the performance of their existing APIs to ensure they continue to meet expectations.
- Better security: APIs present a potential threat vector for attackers. API management software is equipped with the latest security software to ensure that vulnerabilities in API ecosystems are identified and patched early, before exposing critical systems to risk.
- API monetization: API management helps enterprises identify business opportunities by understanding customer needs and problems and quickly develop API-driven offerings that can generate new streams of revenue.
What is API enablement?
To access functionality residing within legacy applications, to be consumed both internally within the enterprise and externally, they have to be API-enabled. This process involves either:
- breaking down and componentizing the identified legacy functionality or
- wrapping the functionality to be exposed through an API
This process is referred to as API enablement. API management is a central part of this process. APIs enable enterprises to deliver state-of-the-art solutions by decoupling and exposing their core legacy functionality. Torry Harris offers enterprises a range of tools and integration skills, including strategy definition and monetization frameworks, to help them achieve their platform business objectives and take the lead in the trillion-dollar platform economy.
What are the core components of an effective API strategy?
An effective API strategy typically consists of the following three governance components:
- Centralization: API governance empowers subsidiaries and other teams to adopt best practices and guidelines. To that end, API strategies should include a central location where all tools, frameworks and guidelines are stored to give stakeholders easy access to them. There should be a dedicated team responsible for overseeing this important function.
- Automation: It’s critical that different stages of the API lifecycle management process is automated, to streamline and reduce redundancies as much as possible. Automating different aspects of API strategy helps enterprises minimize the risk of making costly mistakes, while at the same time making their teams more efficient and helping them derive greater value from their APIs.
- Tracking: It’s easy to lose track of components and purpose if your estate consists of hundreds of different APIs. Creating a system to track each APIs gives enterprises critical insights about their components, including understanding where in the environment they’re being used and reused and how they’re being used. They can use this information to streamline API integration and make smarter decisions about their API management.
What are products offered by Torry Harris for effective API management?
- DigitMarketTM API Manager: DigitMarketTM API Manager is a full lifecycle API management tool. With DM-APIM, you’ll arm your business with mature and marketable APIs, that accelerate your digital transformation program. DigitMarketTM API Manager offers you a secure API Gateway, Authentication Server, Developer Portal or API Store and an API Publisher Portal.
- API conformance engine: The API-conformance engine is used to verify API conformance against any official standard reference, supporting extensions specified by standards bodies and other regulatory authorities for Open APIs to support new capabilities. It lets developers, architects and test engineers implement continuous compliance in their SDLC by alerting them on compliance breaks when making changes to existing APIs.
- RepoProTM: RepoProTM is helping enterprises manage their assets through a unified, central repository using automation and a rich visualization of relationships between assets. You can plug and play with your existing systems and applications through seamless integration. All capabilities are exposed through well-documented Rest APIs.
- AutoStub®: AutoStub® is an essential tool to speed up API development. It can significantly reduce your build time by quickly designing, prototyping, documenting and testing APIs. AutoStub® creates a functional mock that allows developers to work with APIs before they are fully implemented.
- AutomatonTM: AutomatonTM is a test automation tool with a visual flow-chart based design interface. It enables complete test automation of all components of an application - Web, APIs, Logs and Database Processes/Operations. With a no-code, simple interface, users can run these tests without prior coding knowledge.