BT built an innovative Digital Cloud Services Platform (DCSP) to enable new, agile squads to support customer-facing colleagues.
BT’s PaaS used cloud-native, open-source technologies to create a scalable, distributed and flexible platform that allows a high degree of autonomy and innovation.
- Overall time to market for cloud-based services fell 40%
- Onboarding of BT squad members reduced from two weeks to three hours
- Cut API deviation by 90% thereby saving multiple millions on reworking
- 704 developers were onboarded to use BT’s DCSP within six months
- A production version of GitLab was delivered in five days instead of 60-90 days
- Automation and GitOps eliminated 100% of human errors
To read more